Food Drive Guide
Organizing A Food Drive?
Thank you for your interest in Open Pantry's Emergency Food Pantry. Food drives and donations are greatly
appreciated. Your donations put food on the table for our less fortunate neighbors.
The following is a step-by step guide designed to help make your drive successful.
- Choose a date and location for your food drive.
- Download a Food Drive Flyer. Distribute and post the flyers. Face to face solicitations are the most effective way of getting participation. When you drop off the flyer at your neighbor's house or co-workers cubicle, take a moment to explain what you're doing in person. If your neighbor isn't home or your co-worker is away from the desk, leave a personal note on the flyer.
- Complete the form below and return it to the Emergency Food Pantry so we can be ready for your delivery or to arrange a pick-up.
- Place the items you have collected in boxes or sturdy grocery bags.
- Please call us at 737-5353 to let us know of your delivery or to arrange a pick up your food drive items. We greatly appreciate deliveries. Items can be brought to the Emergency Food Pantry at 2460 Main Street- Plaza del Mercado in Springfield. We usually schedule pick-ups on Mondays and Thursdays.
- The Food Pantry is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please complete the form below: